- Member, Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc.
Adam is a native Texan. He was born and raised in small town Stephenville, TX, and first experienced Houston as a college student at the University of Houston where he also competed for the UH Golf Team. Don’t be thrown off if you hear him excitedly say, “Go Coogs”. Adam and his lovely wife, Erin, reside in The Woodlands and they are the proud parents of two young boys, Davis and Baker. Adam loves to be with those closest to him, which includes his wife and kids, parents, a couple friends and good golf course. A happy retirement dream for Adam is to live on a lake near a golf course, travel the world playing the most beautiful golf courses with his wife, and to have a big family of grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Believe us when we say, he is the type of advisor that really wants to know what your retirement dreams are too, and will take seriously his efforts to help you achieve them.
If you ever take the opportunity to sit down with Adam, you will notice a passion too often absent in this industry. He really will put your best interests ahead of his own. His passion for helping clients feeds a continuous effort to learn more, whether it be educational in nature or behavioral. A self-proclaimed “worry-wart”, he believes a huge part of a happy retirement is not being concerned all the time about your money, so the work should begin immediately to make the best decisions possible regarding: investment philosophy, insurance needs, when to retire, how to take Social Security, understanding Medicare, and the list goes on. All of these decisions are important and will get attention if you work with Adam. Maybe most important, he is a passionate and kind advisor that feels the pain when his clients are feeling pain, and is swelled with happiness when something amazing happens for them. His greatest work related satisfaction is when his clients get to take that big step into retirement and do so comfortably.
“You can be young without money but you can’t be old without it.” – Tennessee Williams
“Golf is played by twenty million mature American men whose wives think they’re out having fun.” – Jim Bishop
- 2019 – Earned the Chartered Retirement Planning CounselorSM mark
- 2018 – Earned the Certified Divorce Financial Analyst® mark
- 2013 – Earned the Certified Financial Planner® mark
- University of Houston I Bachelor of Business – Accounting
- 2016 – Present: Financial Advisor, Money Matters with Ken Moraif
- 2008 – 2016: Prior to joining Money Matters, Adam held various positions in the financial services industry. During that time he worked with clients and advisors on investment and retirement planning strategies.